AFC Energy to develop existing AFC products predominantly with respect to; the Fuel Cell Stack design, increasing reliably and focusing on cost reduction strategies at component, and stack level. These engineering services will be required to support cross functional activities between the Fuel Cell Product Development team and Stack testing department
An understanding of complex system interactions and possible trade-offs for the fuel cell stack design would be beneficial. Equally the ability to troubleshoot and articulate clear concise feedback on findings associated with assembling electronic components to non-electronic team staff is also expected.
Role definition: This position requires a person with experience in prototype wiring / panel design, modification, testing and documentation to work within the Control & Electronics team.
The role includes producing schematics, specifications, and prototype builds of panels and wiring looms and assembles as well as testing components and systems.
The applicant should have good practical skills and competence in testing, fault finding and building electronics hardware to the highest of standards and quality and a good understanding of industrial electronics.
The applicant should thrive in working in an innovative design environment, be able to use their own initiative both working independently and as a member of a team of engineers and scientists.
- Create Schematics.
- Specification and requisition of parts.
- Produce prototype builds.
- Fault finding and product support.
- Component and System testing.
- Producing design documentation for manufacture.
- Experience with surface mount technology (SMT).
- Basic IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel and work internationally at AFC’s and customer’s facilities.
- HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of appropriate industrial wiring standards.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC compliance requirements.
- Preparation of documentation to enable the certification of products.
- Create PCB designs and follow through product development lifecycle.
- Use of Easy PC.
- Previous experience of working in adhering to a ‘quality focused’ organization and it’s QA procedures.
- A team-player capable of communicating concepts clearly and concisely in written and verbal form.
- Self motivated and confident working with specialist engineers and scientists.
- Have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Direct experience with fuel cells is not essential.Remuneration
- The candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical and life insurance.